cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Port Check v1 extension with all endpoints "Uninitialized" after major AG upgrade

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I use Port Check for > 400 endpoints. After a major AG upgrade, 1.261 -> 1.283, all of a sudden, all my endpoints were Uninitialized.

Got lot's of lines in logs stating
Plugin custom.remote.python.thirdparty_port has configuration without meta data

Using version 1.020

Anyone got through this one?

Antonio Sousa
5 REPLIES 5

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

That error means that the files cannot be read. Maybe make sure that dtuser/local system still can read the files and that they are present. Also, try to remove all dist-info folders in the extension folder as restart the remote plugin module.

If that doesn’t work, go with a support case.

Mike

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Mike_L,

I tried the tricks you suggested, but didn't work.

I dug deeper into the logs and found out that with versions <= 1.021, there is a dependency in plugin.json:

"install_requires": [ "dt", "charset-normalizer<3.0.0"],

I imagine that the newest AG version that I installed has put in a newer version. So I checked the latest version of the "Port Check", and 1.022 doesn't have that dependency any more. Installed it and it is working again 😁

Thanks a lot!

Antonio Sousa

Curious that removing all dist-info’s didn’t work as that removed the checks for requirements. Good to hear that it is solved though 👍

Mike

@Mike_L,

As you had pointed to possible permissions, I went down a slightly different route: I completely removed the old extension, re-installing the same version again. So, I did not touch the dist-info folders...

BTW, I did not install the newer version before, so to be sure I wouldn't introduce more entropy into the problem. Wrong.

Antonio Sousa

That explains it, thanks!

Mike

Featured Posts