Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ElasticSearch extension

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,
I have an ElasticSearch extension installed on one of my environments. Despite the correct configuration, only the CPU and Memory metrics appear. I do not have any log entries indicating errors.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-11-7 o 10.14.53.png  Zrzut ekranu 2023-11-7 o 10.15.50.png
Has anyone encountered this problem?

Radek

Have a nice day!
4 REPLIES 4

LoucasK
Frequent Guest

Hi,

I believe it would be helpful to first verify that the filters and feature sets are configured to allow data to be ingested, and then to look at the logs for the extension. For an ActiveGate deployment this can be found by running "Run ActiveGate diagnostics", and by running "Run OneAgent diagnostics" for a OneAgent deployment. The extension logs could help to show any issues with the extension execution, and the "diag_executor" logs will show how many metrics should be ingested every minute.
Please let us know if this is helpful, and if there is any further support we can provide for this issue.
Tyler

jegron
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

Hi @radek_jasinski ! It seems that you are looking at the "technical" extension metrics view. Here, the CPU and RAM metrics are related to the extension's system usage on the host or ActiveGate.

Do you have metrics or entity in the preset dashboard ?

jegron_0-1699469805856.png

Observability Engineer at Phenisys - Dynatrace Professional

Hi @jegron 

I don't have any metrics available on that cockpit you showed. I also verified the metrics that are available from this plugin and I don't have a value anywhere.

Radek

Have a nice day!

Please go ahead and open a support ticket. 

Mike

Featured Posts