Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Queues

Ccastrillon
Frequent Guest

@Mizső 

Good morning.
I am creating a dashboard for Openshift queue information.
The client requests to have a graph showing the messages queued for each queue.
From the openshift console the queued messages are observed in the MESSAGE_COUNT option is the field that shows the queued messages.

Can someone please help me by telling me how I can get this information from dynatrace?

I have used the metrics of:
builtin:queue.incoming_requests:splitBy("dt.entity.queue"):sum
builtin:queue.outgoing_requests:splitBy("dt.entity.queue"):sum

But these metrics do not show what the client needs to see which is the messages queued by each queue.

Greetings,

3 REPLIES 3

Miguel_RinconG
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @Ccastrillon,

Are queues IBM MQ? If this is the case, you can use the IBM MQ extension, and obtain the Depth metric.

Miguel_RinconG_0-1708989137283.png

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Are you looking for the "content" of the message?

tijust1
Advisor

@Ccastrillon As suggested by @Miguel_RinconG MQ extension is the solution, if in case MQ is not there then try below some more option

1. Identify the relevant entities representing the queues in your environment. 

2. Once you've identified the entities representing the queues, you can use Dynatrace's custom metrics feature to capture the number of queued messages for each queue. You'll need to instrument your application or queue manager to expose this metric, and then send it to Dynatrace.

3. Once the custom metric is available in Dynatrace, you can create a custom chart or dashboard tile to visualize the number of queued messages for each queue over time.

Dynatrace Professional Certified

Featured Posts