cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RabbitMQ Integration

Munzir
Contributor

For RabbitMQ process to be monitored we need to provide user credentials to connect to it.

So what all permissions are required for the user, please help.

We are not getting any data from the rabbitmq process and I think it has something to do with the user permission.

Thank You.

9 REPLIES 9

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

To quote the documentation:

"RabbitMQ management extension user with monitoring privileges and access to all the virtual hosts you want to monitor".

Have you checked all the prerequisites according to the documentation?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/technology-support/dynatrace-extensio...

Radek

Have a nice day!

Have you defined the queues to be reported?

Have a nice day!

The queues are there but isnt showing any data.

3.png

I understand that you have checked all the initial requirements from the documentation?

Another question is whether you have activated the following OneAgent features to get full tracing insight:

• .NET messaging RabbitMQ
  • .NET messaging RabbitMQ Sensor V2
  • Java messaging RabbitMQ
  • Node.js messaging RabbitMQ
  • PHP RabbitMQ
Have a nice day!

Could you please explain how can i enable these above features .

I didnt find anything related to these features in the document,   https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/technology-support/dynatrace-extensio...

Thanks.

Settings > Preferences > OneAgent features 😊

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-20 o 15.19.24.png

Have a nice day!

I think by default these features are enabled by dynatrace, have checked all are enabled.

Munzir
Contributor

Thank You, I have checked and i think that by default these features are enabled.

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I haven't used the extension for RabbitMQ for a long time, but I've just read in the documentation that the legacy approach to RabbitMQ monitoring is now deprecated.

Dynatrace recommends using a new extension for RabbitMQ. The new extension can be downloaded from the Dynatrace Hub from your cluster.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-20 o 18.05.24.png

There you will find information on how to configure the extension.

Zrzut ekranu 2023-10-20 o 18.09.11.png

The previous approach should also work and I suspect you have accidentally omitted something from the setting. Can you check the OA logs to see if there are any entries relating to RabbitMQ?

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts