cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Required AG Version needed for 2.0 extension but version not yet released

sivart_89
Advisor

Within I believe the last week version 2.0.0 of the Microsoft SQL Server 2.0 extension was released. Upon trying out this extension in our sbx env I am seeing the error below. Are extensions really being released before the required ActiveGate version is even available? Or is there something I am missing here. The latest available AG version I am seeing is 1.277. Could we not wait until the requirement is satisfied before releasing the version to the public?

Failed to assign monitoring configuration to ActiveGate. Reason: The monitoring configuration requires ActiveGate version 1.279.0 or later that supports data source sqlServer and belongs to group "Extensions"

From the yaml

sivart_89_0-1701704975007.png

2 REPLIES 2

Mike_L
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

There are tenants on early versions so we sometimes have extensions before it is public. We are working on a way to block upgrades before a compatible OA/AG version is present in the environment.

Mike

Thank you Mike, this makes sense. Hope to have that feature enabled but if not I'll just make a mental note to check the yaml before upgrading to ensure we have the needed version.

Featured Posts