cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visualize fan state and temperature on Cisco SNMP

soportetr
Guide

Hi Everyone,

I configured 6 Cisco devices and I can visualize fan state and temperature only on one device. I have already checked the configurations and have the same credentials. Is there any aditional configuration that probably we are missing. 

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@soportetr,

It might depend on the type of Cisco devices you are monitoring. Are they all the same?

Cisco has temperature info in several OIDs, depending on the device, The information that Dynatrace is able to get out of the box is only for devices that expose that information through the fan sensors.

Antonio Sousa

Hi @AntonioSousa

For Switch we're using a 9300 series. It brings us the fan information but it doesn't show me bandwith neither the network statitics.
In the other hand, for Routers we're using a 4300 series. It brings us the network, and bandwith information but not the device health (fan temperature).

Ana_Kuzmenchuk
Community Team
Community Team

Hi @soportetr, were you able to solve your issue with Antonio's help?

The only constant is change. Finding ways for great things to happen!

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@soportetr,

It's probable that you would need CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB support. For what I've searched, both 9300s and 4300s support the CISCO-ENTITY-SENSOR-MIB.

Implementation is tricky, as sensors are dynamic, and it has to be done programmatically. We have done it through a v1 extension.

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts