cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a new node fails

Lwl
Helper

Preparing Dynatrace cluster for extension ...
Waiting 6 minutes for permission to add new node ...
Permission status: pre-check pending
Checking again in 20 seconds (5 minutes 59 seconds left)
Permission status: pre-check thrown exception com.compuware.apm.server.onprem.rest.api.util.NodeNotVisibleInServerDataMap: Node 2 not visible in server data map. Maybe it's down/upgrading or so.
Permission is not granted

Installation failed, with status: system verified, connected to Mission Control, connected to Dynatrace cluster after 2 minutes 53 seconds.
Exit code: 3

Errors:
Cannot add this node to Dynatrace cluster: pre-check thrown exception com.compuware.apm.server.onprem.rest.api.util.NodeNotVisibleInServerDataMap: Node 2 not visible in server data map. Maybe it's down/upgrading or so.

More details in log file: "/var/log/dynatrace/install.log"
[root@localhost ~]

The above is the problem when installing nodes in liunx, and I have no clue

13 REPLIES 13

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Have you found more details in "/var/log/dynatrace/install.log"?

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Thank you very much. I went to have a look, but because of my experience, I don't know what the problem is. Could you spare some time to have a look

Romanenkov_Al3x
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello.

Maybe you need restart Node2 (in cmc you can see Ip address/node number). After restart(~15-20 minutes) of node 2 you can try again to run installation script on new node.  I would start with that.

Check CMC console - Node2 is healthy? Is there any messages/issues on UI in CMC?

Check cassandra status: "UN for every node" (Up Normal) - expected:

/opt/dynatrace-managed/utils/cassandra-nodetool.sh status

Check elastic status: "green" expected

curl -s -N -XGET 'http://localhost:9200/_cluster/health?pretty' | grep status

How many nodes in cluster? When was the last node added?

Regards,

Alex Romanenkov

DT_NGINX_FORCE_UNKNOWN_VERSION_INSTRUMENTATION=1

The cmc cannot view any information about the second node because it cannot be successfully installed.

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @Lwl 

I had gone through your logs but it seems the provided log file does not have complete information. 

• Did you configure and verify the proxy to connect to the mission control?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/managed-cluster/installation/customize-installation-for-dynat... 

• Did you try to disable the SELinux before the installation?

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/managed-cluster/installation/dynatrace-managed-on-selinux

• Do you see the --seed-ip <ip> address in the installer script?

Regards,

Babar

Exactly - check what @Babar_Qayyum  writes about.
You need to solve two errors that is the connection to Mission Control and SELinux

2023-06-28 10:36:00 UTC Looking for system HTTPS proxy ...
2023-06-28 10:36:00 UTC Looking for system HTTPS proxy ... failed, no proxy found
2023-06-28 10:36:00 UTC Testing connection to: https://mcsvc.dynatrace.com:443 ...

Have a nice day!

Hi buddy again you, really happy to see your reply, but I may not be able to operate

The cmc cannot be connected, is not disabled, and the IP address is not seen

Hello @Lwl 

I could not understand. Can you elaborate a little more?

Regards,

Babar

I may not be able to describe it clearly,, but my main goal is to add a new node, and the process is as detailed as possible,

Hello @Lwl 

Please run the --system-check (Use this parameter to check if the machine and operating system fulfills the requirements of the new version.) on the new node e.g. [root@localhost]# ./dynatrace-managed-installer.sh --system-check and share the results.

Regards,

Babar

Thank you very much for your reply. The problem has been solved for the time being. I don't know how the installation succeeded.

Hello @Lwl 

Nice to hear. It would be better if you could know the actual fix, so it could be beneficial for you in the future expansion of the cluster.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts