cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application detection rules (and fallback to default application)

ketanmck
Newcomer

Hi Dynatrace community

We have the following case where several applications are deployed across multiple domains:

As you can see, multiple customers use a different combination of applications. As far as application detection rules go, we're defining rules like the following:

URL contains "[company-name].example.com/[applicationPath]". However we're noticing that the actual injection is not working as expected. What's being injected is the default app. We're not sure why that's happening. Any pointers or tips appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

Rule's order is important. I would suggest to check application detection rules to know which rule you are matching.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @ketanmck 

First of all, I recommend that you disable Default Application as soon as possible (Dynatrace itself also recommends this, as it can cause various problems). Additionally, I would simplify your rule and base it only on the URL part outside the main domain. Also keep in mind the priority for each rule, perhaps some overrides another.

Here are some tips:
https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/my-web-application#best-practices-and-recommendations

Radek

Have a nice day!

Featured Posts