cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto tags based off manually created process group

leif_ericksen
Participant

I am trying to create a tag called #newtag, and I want to build it from the manually created process group: appid-#### myapp Nprod 

leif_ericksen_2-1697819642492.png

In the tag 

leif_ericksen_1-1697818954712.png

When I click preview and do not see the process group I created also if I change the condition and use an exists and search for myapp I cannot find that application in the preview list. 

Thoughts, concerns, a little kick or push?

Ideally, I should have host groups, but if I have multiple applications on one host, I would like to set up a process group that groups all processes for one application. That way I can use that tag as a notification to  ServiceNow to create a ticket based on an application ID that I regex out of the process group.

Sadly, I can not seem to find my manually created process group. 

_._ 

Thanks 

Leif Ericksen 

4 REPLIES 4

If its using a process group naming rule, it is likely that your detected process group name is different from the new name. Detected process group name is the original one before you applied rules to it. Can you try using a different process group name placeholder?

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

I am finding it might not be a good idea to use the process group as I was thinking. It could create confusion with alerts. Will take a look at what was said and see if I am able to see my groups. 

Thanks. 

Perfect, keep me posted 🙂

A Dynatrace Professional nerd working for Conclusion Xforce

I have to put this on the back burner and focus on other items.  I was able to get past this hurdle after I cleaned up some other rules in this inherited environment that had multiple hands touching it. 

Thanks for your willingness to assist. But it is looking better, and I just have to shake my head at what was done by the prior team.

Featured Posts