cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Dynatrace Support Integration for Problem Notifications in x-www-form-urlencoded Format?

agylpradipta
Helper

Hello everyone,

Does Dynatrace support integration for problem notifications with the x-www-form-urlencoded format?

So, I have a Service Desk. The expectation is that when an issue is detected in Dynatrace, it will automatically open a ticket in my Service Desk.

Here's an example integration I'm attempting in Postman:

• Body:
    Key: input_data
    Value:
    {
         "problem": {
                "title": "Name of the Problem 1"
           }
    }

agylpradipta_0-1714196583257.png

However, when I try it in Dynatrace with the following payload format:
{
     "problem": {
            "title": "Name of the Problem 1"
       }
}

An error occurs: {"response_status":{"status_code":4000,"messages":[{"status_code":4001,"field":"input_data","type":"failed","message":"Value not provided"}],"status":"failed"}}

agylpradipta_1-1714196629994.png

Is it possible for Dynatrace to send a custom payload in that format?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I'm not exactly sure what "Content-type" Dynatrace is sending, but that might be an issue on your receiving end, even with you construct the payload correctly with placeholders...

Antonio Sousa

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@agylpradipta,

Should have tested it first. The custom payload has to be in JSON, so the x-www-form-urlencoded format doesn't seem to be supported.
A Product Idea exists for this case: https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Custom-integration-with-x-www-form-urlencoded-paylo...

Antonio Sousa

well apparently, what we needed to do was add a Content-Type header with the value application/x-www-form-urlencoded, and the integration started working seamlessly.

agylpradipta_0-1714844036134.png

@agylpradipta,

Great news!

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts