cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can dynatrace oneagent be installed with splunk client

Karl_IL_Chin
Newcomer

Hi, 

When I try to install OneAgent and splunk in the same machine, the splunck service is interrupted.

<timestamp> <servername> kernel: traps: splunkd[23658] trap invalid opcode ip:7f58e3a342fb sp:7ffd7c8dec80 error:0 in liboneagentproc.so[7f58e3a1f000+85000]
<timestamp> <servername> splunk: ERROR: pid 23658 terminated with signal 4 (core dumped)

What can be done to fix/workaround it?

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Karl 

3 REPLIES 3

ryan_ott
Dynatrace Mentor
Dynatrace Mentor

This is strange - as I have certainly installed OneAgents on servers with Splunk without issue. I would recommend opening a Support Ticket to dive deeper into this issue: https://support.dynatrace.com

ACE Consultant, Dynatrace Services
Dynatrace Certified Professional

larry_roberts
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

We currently use both on multiple hosts without issues. Curious, are you seeing this on a specific OS such as Windows or Linux or both?

larry_roberts
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Dynatrace ONE sent out a notification to customers today on what I think might be related to your issue.

Are you using Splunk v8.2? 

Through our proactive monitoring and analysis of OneAgent triggered alerts, we found a potential incompatibility between Dynatrace and Splunk after upgrading to Splunk 8.2.
With this update, Splunk is taking advantage of the LD_PRELOAD capability in Unix systems to load shared libraries used for their application before other libraries are loaded. Splunk 8.2’s implementation of LD_PRELOAD causes conflicts with Dynatrace OneAgent’s use of similar functionality that may cause stability issues with Splunk. Note that Dynatrace OneAgent has been using this type of functionality for a number of years, following best practices and security standards to avoid potential conflicts and impacts with other monitoring solutions.

You can find more info on it here -

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/setup-and-configuration/dynatrace-oneagent/oneaget-troublesho...

Featured Posts