cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication endpoints on hosts shows other endpoints as well

AK
Pro

Hi,

We were doing the OneAgent deployment on Linux hosts.

Host wont be able to communicate directly to the Dynatrace SaaS hence we added ActiveGate (internet enabled) to setup the communication between OneAgents and Dynatrace SaaS. Everything went well and we can see the data for all the hosts on Dynatrace.

The query is, when I do --get-server on any host it shows lots of communication endpoints along with our ActiveGate.

As I downloaded the installer via ActiveGate server I'm expecting to see only my ActiveGate in endpoints. Following was the command I used.

wget -O Dynatrace-OneAgent-Linux-1.213.192.sh "https://xx.xx.xx.xx:9999/e/abc12345/api/v1/deployment/installer/agent/unix/default/latest?arch=x86&f..." --header="Authorization: Api-Token xyz"

Is my above understanding correct? or --get-server command will show all available endpoints for our environment even though communication to those endpoint won't be possible directly.

Regards,
AK

2 REPLIES 2

Lukasz_Halman
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

OneAgent receives all the available communication endpoints. This is an intended behavior. They are prioritized so OA will connect to your environment AG in the first place, however should AG be unavailable, the remaining endpoints will be tried.

@Lukasz_Halman,

Thanks for your inputs.

Featured Posts