cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control how to combine filters in data explorer

matthias_dillie
Advisor

Hi

In the data explorer, it should be possible to control interactively (Build-mode), how filters are combined, with 'or' or 'and'.

In my examples, the first two filters are combined with 'and' but a third is added using 'or'. Further on, there are quite a lot of not needed repetitions in the generated code when switching to the code view. One  example is selecting the builtin metric 'JVM runtime free memory' split by process filtered by technology=WEBSPHERE and by two tags. This generates:

builtin:tech.jvm.memory.runtime.free:filter(and(in("dt.entity.process_group_instance",entitySelector("type(process_group_instance),softwareTechnologies(~"WEBSPHERE~")")),or(in("dt.entity.process_group_instance",entitySelector("type(process_group_instance),tag(~"websphere_cluster:clustername~")")),in("dt.entity.process_group_instance",entitySelector("type(process_group_instance),tag(~"websphere_node:nodename~")"))))):splitBy("dt.entity.process_group_instance"):avg:auto:sort(value(avg,descending)):limit(10)

Here I get one 'or' and one 'and' and three 'in("dt.entity.process_group_instance",entitySelector("type(process_group_instance)'

Is it possible, to control this behavior in the build view? If not, it should be added.

Regards

Matthias

1 REPLY 1

ct_27
DynaMight Pro
DynaMight Pro

+1 for adding such feature to UI.   Many tools handle this in a UI.  Similar to how their are UIs that help build SQL statements.  The code version is difficult enough for a developer like myself. Business Users, forget it....way too difficult to use.

HigherEd

Featured Posts