cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Process Groups

jeff_tucker
Helper

I am working with several dozen JVMs that I am monitoring with DT Managed.  Presently each JVM is tagged in it's own Process Group (based on the JVM name it seems).  Is there any way for me to create a custom Process Group through which I can operate on all of them as a set?

This is impacting me when I am trying to set up a Request Attribute.  The attribute I am setting up is using the Java method parameters data source.  When I try to create an "entry point" for the data source, I have to select from the list of Process Groups.  Because my JVMs are in groups based on the JVM name, it looks like I have to create this data source for each JVM.  Is there some way for me to create a custom Process Group so that I can set up a single data source that is applied to all of the JVMs in the group?

Thanks,

JT

1 REPLY 1

jeff_tucker
Helper

UPDATE:  I created a Request Attribute data source for one process group (single JVM).  Then I created a second data source for another process group (also a single JVM).  When the second data source was created it displayed as having a "global" scope.  Looks as though DT Managed saw that I wanted to get the same request attribute from more than one process group so it went ahead and made it a global data source.  Is that the expected behavior?  Thanks

JT

Featured Posts