cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom log source

Jorge3229
Participant

Hello, good day, I have a problem ingesting logs, within the laboratory I have been doing tests, meeting the following conditions:

that the file is encoded in utf-8, that the file contains the .log extension, that it has sufficient permissions to be read

but in dynatrace it shows me the following message (No log data available)

3 REPLIES 3

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Jorge3229,

Please check your log file entries, and see if they are dated. Dynatrace will not inject formatted logs way into the past. Try editing the last date with a current date/time to see if it appears in Dynatrace.

Antonio Sousa

Thank you very much, it was really very helpful, I am currently reading the logs I had to prove that I basically took them from the Linux syslog, but the logs from the production environment have the following timestamp, which I understand is another limitation.
[Thr 140022968440576] <<- ERROR: Sap*******************
[Thr 140022968440576] *** ERROR => Icm*************************

I have been investigating if there is a way to define the custom timestamp but I can't find anything about it, do you know if there is something to customize that parameter?

I see that dynatrace offers a few formats but it does not fit into any that dynatrace provides

@Jorge3229,

/var/log/syslog and similar, are known for having different logging formats. Out of curiosity, what distro are you taking those 2 log entris from?

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts