cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Explorer metrics in Grail

apasoquen1
Helper

Is there any ETA as to when all Dynatrace Metrics will be migrated to GRAIL?  I'm trying to see if I can calculate Visually Complete Times (VCT) excluding Synthetic & Robot users.  As well as a few other users that Dynatrace sees as "REAL USERS" but they are actually service accounts that are being used by other tools in our monitoring tool set.

The difference in results via USQL and the Data Explorer is huge.

5 REPLIES 5

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@apasoquen1 metrics in Grail won't help you to solve this case. 
But this is already possible by defining your own calculated metric for the web application. Just use apdex as the metric, and add filters (user type, action type, ... ). Dynatrace will create a new metric and will only calculate the metric for the actions passing the filter.

Julius_Loman_0-1693467258647.png

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

I was thinking about doing this.  However, we have other synthetic monitoring tools running tests, that Dynatrace picks up as 'REAL USERS'.

You can add Web crawler header to user agent for tests - they will be marked as ROBOTS

Slawa
Advisor

Check your filters and compare results max 30 days (USQL limit).
Use the same filters for USQL and Data Explorer
Also, check if USQL is not limited by sampling
Results should be similar.

I don't recommend Apdex for low-level KPI (to abstract for developers)

zietho
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

I don't think we have a "master plan" for all metrics yet. But we are actively working on moving them. 

For instance, I know about...: 

• Application observability solution and the k8s teams are working on k8s metrics
  • Infrastructure metrics are actively worked on but in your case the most relevant ones are
  • Digital Experience and service metrics are also moved but the main missing piece is the possibility of having percentiles in Grail which is a bigger investment that is planned but not finished yet. @fcourbon, our metrics PM, can provide you with more details there. 

regards

Thomas

Featured Posts