cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error JavaScript without Stacktrace

gabrielle
Participant

Hi.

The application has some java script errors, but when I analyze it, I don't see stacktrace. Some other errors from the same application, I can see stacktrace. Could you say what could cause this difference?

Unexpected token '<'

gabrielle_0-1645193978373.png

7 REPLIES 7

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Are you able to find the transaction via the purepaths? 

-Chad

asp-vm
Participant

I have the same issue, however, my application is agentless, so not sure if that has a bearing. Though, even with agentless configuration, we have stacktraces from some errors but not others. Would be good to know why this would be the case.

PierreGutierrez
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

HI @gabrielle , @asp-vm 
I was thinking that it's a problem UI, maybe with the browser (In the past, when I zoomed in and out in Dynatrace UI, some sectors would disappear. This especially happened to me at the beginning with the new Dynatrace interface, in the sectors where I identified it they have already corrected it).

PierreGutierrez_0-1713803846283.png

After that, I have always found the "Stacktrace" sector, even if it has no related information.

Pierre Gutierrez - LATAM ACE Consultant - Loving Cats! Loving Technology !

Hi @PierreGutierrez , my issue is not that there is no Stack trace section visible, but more trying to understand the reason why there is no Stack trace at all. So I have exactly the same as your screenshot. I just wanted to understand what scenarios would result in no stack trace being collected.

Hi @asp-vm 

Web application source maps

Dynatrace automatically attempts to download all available source maps and JavaScript source files from public CDNs. You can optionally upload source maps and source files from each JavaScript error details page.
For show Stacktrace , dynatrace try to detect in files ( Java script min or source map) the error detected. 

It is possible that dynatrace is not able to download these files and for that reason it is not able to display any type of StackTrace details.

I understand that currently it is only possible to upload "JavaScript" and "Source map", as long as an error detail is displayed.

PierreGutierrez_0-1713886894254.png

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/javascript-error-analysis#automatic-download-of-source-map...

Maybe you can try loading the source map of other JavaScript errors (where it does allow you to load the file) and then load the "source file (JavaScript)", as the recommendation indicates. 
https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/shortlink/javascript-error-analysis#analyze-a-javascript-error-using... 

PierreGutierrez_1-1713888583292.png
I hope to be helpful 💪

@asp-vm  other reason could be 

There is no stacktrace, because this is not a javascript error, this is a parsing error for a javascript file.

The file is invalid, e.g. because it contains JSON (likely your screenshot) or html (then it usually says unexpected token <) instead of proper javascript.
For HTML files, this usually happens when a file is deleted and the webserver then e.g. returns a 404 page or some internal error happens and the webserver returns a 500 page.

asp-vm
Participant

Thank you. This is really helps.

Featured Posts