cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exclude scanning ip addresses from Services

Akerimde
Visitor

Hello,

I have a list of ip addresses and I want to exclude requests coming from these ip addresses from all services in the environment. Is there a method to define these ip addresses globally and exclude them from services?

Thanks for your supportTa

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Akerimde ,

I have solution for You - but it's not truly and fully global.
As I understand You want to remove some of requests (coming from specific IPs) from service calculations. Without more details I can only suggest generalized solution.

You can create request Attribute (globally) to capture incoming (Client) IP.
Then You can create global RequestNaming Rule to rename requests as ex. "unimportant-requests" with condition on IP being X.X.X.X (or regexp or anything You like).
Then having that You can MUTE those requests on each service that is being called from those IP.
You can easily identify them using created request attribute.

2 of 3 steps are global - unfortunately Mute is only per Service - so some effort or automation via API is required.

Bests
Michal

Hi MichalOlszewski,

We already have a request attribute (globally) and we use it when defining a service-specific definition.

How can I do that globally : Then You can create global RequestNaming Rule to rename requests as ex. "unimportant-requests" with condition on IP being X.X.X.X (or regexp or anything You like).

Thank you

Hi @Akerimde ,

via API and You can review then via UI:

MichalOlszewski_0-1712580939304.png

Below link with documentation how to do so:
https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/dynatrace-api/configuration-api/service-api/request-naming-api 

Bests
Michal

Featured Posts