cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting host names with insufficient Disk Space to upgrade

mmevanson
Participant

Greetings!
I am looking to provide our server team a list of servers that are failing to upgrade the OneAgent due to insufficient disk space.  Is there a way to extract that information?   I can filter it in the System notifications but there is no export feature. 

Thanks

Matt Evanson - CloudEngineer / Observability
5 REPLIES 5

bsnurka
Dynatrace Helper
Dynatrace Helper

Hey @mmevanson do you have an example notification you could share?
Based off the properties & tags applied to the underlying DT Object generating the alert (Host likely), we can craft a DQL query which will return a list of hostnames failing to upgrade OA due to insufficient disk space.

mmevanson
Participant

Thanks, however we do not have Grail due to our tenants being in GCP.  
I have attached a screen shot of the information I can pull up that lists hosts and insufficient disk space to perform an upgrade. 
Thanks

Matt Evanson - CloudEngineer / Observability

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I think you do not have an API with that information. A possible workarround might be prepare a query in Data Explorer showing hosts were target download disk is lower than X.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @mmevanson,

Have you tried this early adopter API? Maybe it will be useful for you.

Dynatrace API changelog version 1.279 - Dynatrace Docs

Mizs_0-1708450285413.png

I hope it helps.

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

as mentioned you could create a data explorer table result which provides all your hosts and sort them, even export them to excel where you can then use advanced data sets to isolate hosts with a lack of disk space. 

At a large insurance company we had a particular team that was responsible for all the resources of the hosts. We, the Dynatrace Team formulated a Custom Event for alerting (Metric Event) to alert if and when a host has less than x% of disk space on the target drive. These problems were then raised and routed to the Resource Team that raised the allocations. This allowed us to streamline the process to alert the actionable team when resources needed to be raised and included static verbiage related to the Dynatrace upgrade coming in the next week. 

You can make some pretty cool solution in Dynatrace, sometimes you just need to sit back and look at the problem from out side the box. 

We typically activated this custom event 2 weeks prior to our upgrade and turned it off shortly there after

-Chad

Featured Posts