cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get traces from mobile

jayZip
Participant

I want get the trace related to a request from mobile to the Backend services, but right now I couldn't find a way to do it.

The web request from mobile doesn't show a link to the trace nor does it shows a trace Id. 

If you do, could you point me at which page can I see it? 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @jayZip 

I don't quite understand your question.

Do you want to monitor the mobile app? Or to track the request coming from mobile devices?

Transactions originating from the mobile app should be caught automatically if you have an orchestrated backend. Look for requests originating from the mobile app in Multidimentional Analysis.

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/platform-modules/applications-and-microservices/multidimensional-ana...

Radek

Have a nice day!

Hi @radek_jasinski, thanks for your quick reply. What I mean is that:

Given

1. We have got the mobile app monitored by dynatrace sdk and we can see the traffic under  Mobile -> the app -> provider, with all the data under web requests tab and errors.

2. mobile and backend services are linked by traceId

When we want to debug an error, we can access the user session under the error page and see session details. And because they are linked by trace_id, we are kind of expecting a traceId on the page or a link that would bring us to the distributed trace with all backend services included. Or anything that achieve the same goal will also be fine.

This will make our life a bit easier with the linking

Patrick_H
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi!

how are the backend services monitored? Currently it only works if the backend service is monitored by a OneAgent as the mobile agent adds an x-dynatrace mobile tag to webrequest that can be linked to service calls. OpenTelemetry approach with traceid is not (yet) supported.

iOS help: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/ios-hub

have you got any update on the answer?

Featured Posts