cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP status metric

SOBE
Guide

I want to create a Dashboard with a table that represents each service with the number for each http status code : 

For example : 

Service/Http code 200 500 504 300 400 407 302 201
Service A 12 1515 525 252 525 ...    
Service B 30 0 0 0 0 12    

I still can't figure out how to do it

i tried to create a metric for each response code and then split by service but i have mor than 100 services which means i can't create a metric for all the services

do you guys have any suggestion

PS : i'm a Managed user

6 REPLIES 6

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

My suggestion would be using multidimensional analysis and split dimension by HTTP status code.

You can filter services by service tag, but be sure those services are sharing same service tag.

AntonPineiro_0-1702996463037.png

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

@AntonPineiro i tried but the number of services i have is more than 100 so i'll have to split the services if i want to do that and if i do that i can't have them all in one table

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi, the other option would be to create a calculated service metric, splitting by response code.

The table you have in mind, may not be possible though, at least not with a classic dashboard.

@andre_vdveen too bad i have more than 100 services so i can't create a metric 
i don't understand why not just integrate such a metric in the builtin to be used in the data explorer directly

Hi @SOBE 

Unfortunately this is a Dynatrace limitation (limit 100) and there is no way around it. I remember that I once had a similar problem and thanks to support I managed to increase the limit (the guys from support set something in the Debug console). I don't know to what extent this is possible now. You can create a new product idea also.

Radek

Have a nice day!

andre_vdveen
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

@SOBE you can still create a metric, but you'll have to filter it based on e.g., Management Zone, which means you'll have to create a few metrics to cover all your services.

Perhaps not ideal, but still possible to do 😉

Featured Posts