cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Host monitoring switch removed in 1.244?

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Hello,

I'm wondering why were the switches to disable monitoring of a host removed from both Deployment status and Settings > Monitoring > Monitoring overview screens. Now it's only possible to disable or enable monitoring for a host only on the host page or using API.

Julius_Loman_2-1657714070743.png

Julius_Loman_3-1657714219671.png

Prior to 1.244  this was possible easily:

Julius_Loman_0-1657713962413.png

Julius_Loman_1-1657714011052.png

What is the reason for this change? 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner
6 REPLIES 6

noah_g
Observer

On the deployment status page, you used to be able to click a button to disable monitoring for hosts. This was nice because you could filter for the hosts you need and click the button for each one. 

This was recently removed and now you have to click into the host settings for each host in order to disable the monitoring. This is a pain when you have to do this for multiple hosts and have to open a bunch of pages. 

We would love to see this feature come back to the deployment status page, or for some new page to be added where we can do this quickly at scale.

Thanks!

alfred_raouf
Dynatrace Advocate
Dynatrace Advocate

I totally agree that this was a very useful feature and helps us a lot in every POC demonstrating the "ease of use" of Dynatrace compared to other solutions and how you can "simply just disable the agent if you think it is cause a problem, without uninstalling the agent" - because many times they just remove the agent and re-installing takes for ever for approvals.

All that beside the actual ease of use, why would you remove it?! 

Malaik
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello

Totally agree, it will be a big pain to move on each host's page to enable/desable.

Spent time will be very big.

Please roll back this feature to the previous one.

Using API will be also a big pain comparing with the previous setting, it was easier.

Have a great day.

Sharing Knowledge

sorin_zaharov
Helper

Hi,

I totally agree here 🙂 We need the toggle to enable/disable monitoring in the deployment status page. My suggestion is to add a confirmation after you toggle it to reduce the mis-clicking.

Cheers!

Sorin Z

Brendan_NJ
Participant

We use this often and need this functionality to be available to our various support teams which do not rights to use API's.  Please re-enable this feature.

ranka
Frequent Guest

Hello,

We have so many servers in env where we want to enable/disable monitoring on hosts. There was toggle option before but I do not see that option anymore. Please bring back the toggle option to enable/disable monitoring on hosts from Deployment status

I know if I click on Configure monitoring we can still enable/disable from there but toggle option would be much faster.

Thanks

RA

ranka_1-1665588899500.png

Featured Posts