cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to mask SessionID value in a HTTP Header cookie and do not want to mask entire cookie?

sureshKumarK
Helper

Hi, I am trying to mask/hide SessionID value for unauthorized users. SessionID value resides in Cookie of Request HTTP Header. I have created a RequestAttribute for SessionID and selected the second check box   [Request attribute contains confidential data (hides data from unauthorized users).]

Issue i am facing is entire cookie is being masked, but I want to show the entire cookie for all DT users and hide the SessionID value only. 

sureshkumar_ka1_2-1634828686974.png

Please suggest if there is a way i can capture SessionID value and hide for unauthorized users? 

sureshkumar_ka1_1-1634828378875.png

2 REPLIES 2

skrystosik
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I don't think there is way to mask only part of this header. You can only try to extract some values from code (is they are processed somehow and available there) In such case you can mas whole cookie and extract only those values that can be accessed for all in one Request Attribute, session id in another, confidential one. 

Sebastian

Regards, Sebastian

sureshKumarK
Helper

Hmm. Thanks @skrystosik sounds like there is no workaround as I know Cookie is the only place where I can capture the SessionID value.  

Featured Posts