cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to apply threshold to Process CPU based on the usage we analyzed

Athira
Participant

I want to know is there any feature in Dynatrace that allows to apply threshold settings for CPU consumption for a  Process. 

6 REPLIES 6

natanael_mendes
Champion

You can do this on the host level

Take a look on the documentation page

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/platform-modules/infrastructure-monitoring/hosts/configuratio...

go to host>settings>anomaly detection

Dynatrace Professional Certified

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If you are looking to impose an alert criteria on a process that runs on a host and alert on the process consumption outside of the host overall consumption, it can be done via Custom Metric Events: 

ChadTurner_0-1695318538394.png

go to settings>anomaly detection>Metric Events - and add one in 🙂 

-Chad

hi Chad, i have setup'd Custom Metric Events, to generate alerts for generic.cpu.totalTime , but i'm observing the alerts are raised for the The Process total CPU time value of 0 µs.

i have applied Static threshold of 14Mins, still the alert are raised for The Process total CPU time value of 0 µs was above your custom threshold of 14 min.

Can you advise, what settings or attributes can be configured to alert only when the CPU time cross the threshold

Can you share a screen shot of the metric event you created? It should look something like this: 

ChadTurner_0-1695729494490.png

-Chad

please see the snaps attached

Sorry for the delay, been pretty busy today. The reason why you are being alerted even at the 0 Upsidedow "h"s is because you have selected to be alerted on missing data. I suspect that there is occasionally a delay in the metrics being passed for example its looking for data every 1 min, 8:00 data arrives, 8:01 no data, 8:02 no data - At this point an alert is triggered, 8:03 current data and missing data from 8:01 and 8:02 shows up, giving you the illusion there was no gap in data but there was. 

Turn off the alert on missing data and see if your problems go away. 

-Chad

Featured Posts