cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Management Zone and Tag variation in Syntax - Possible Bug

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

It was brought to my attention that the Automatic Tagging rules are adding in a <SPACE> in-between the Key:Value Pair. Which I'm thinking is either a bug or unintended coding. 

Defined Auto Tag: 

ChadTurner_0-1657722330784.png

Copied Text without alterations: {HttpMonitor:Name/^([^\-]*+)}

As that Tag applies to the entities it looks like this: 

ChadTurner_1-1657722430338.png

Copied Text without Alterations: Synthetic Monitor Owner/Team: A**

So a Tag Recap, the rule does not include a space, but the result on the entity does. 

Lets shift to adding it as a rule into a MZ. We add a rule based off of tags, and select the tag WITH the Space between the Key: Value Pair.  - No Results in the Preview

ChadTurner_2-1657722691892.png

Now if we manually remove that space, but keep in mind, the entity INCLUDES A SPACE IN THE TAG ON THE ENITITY.... We get a valid result. 

ChadTurner_3-1657722906734.png

Basically, Space or no space, I should only have one option as that is the only tag value on the entity, not two options one with a space and one without and only having the nonspace work, which is inline with the rule, but not inline with the result of the rule on the entity. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Current Cluster Version: 1.245.125.20220712-130121

-Chad
4 REPLIES 4

Akiluddin
Frequent Guest

good to go

apasoquen1
Helper

I can see this being an issue if we're creating a template for a management zone.

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I am facing something similar. I do create MZs using templates calling API, and after 1.245, some rules are not working properly and I believe is due to the tags. I have a ticket opening for this case, and the team is yet investigating. 

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

Radoslaw_Szulgo
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

Hi @ChadTurner  - thanks for finding this. I also interpret this as unintentional. At best, please reach out to Dynatrace ONE via chat, so we can formally start the process of fixing this.  

Senior Product Manager,
Dynatrace Managed expert

Featured Posts