cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring CISCO ACI, pulling data from REST API to Ingest via Dynatrace API

MarcoCritti
Contributor

Hi there 🙂

Is there anyone monitoring CISCO ACI with Dynatrace? We want to ingest the data from ACI into Dynatrace and ACI also provides a REST API to pull this data and we can then send it to Dynatrace via the ingest API.

Is there an extension or other solution that I can use to do this? Or are there any other suggestions on how to implement this in an elegant way?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
Marco

7 REPLIES 7

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@MarcoCritti,

Shouldn't be difficult. We are doing it for other CIsco products, but not ACI.

This will be even easier to do with the new Dynatrace platform.

Antonio Sousa

@AntonioSousa how do you monitor that? your wrote some code to pull data from the API and then send it to Dynatrace via Ingest API?

with new Dynatrace platform you mean Grail? unfortuntley we use Dynatrace managed.

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@MarcoCritti,

We use extensions v1. We grab the data from the Cisco APIs and then inject it back into Dynatrace.

Yes, with Managed you will not have the possibility to use Grail.

Antonio Sousa

@AntonioSousa Do you use a specific extension or your own build one? I did not find a suitable extension yet.

@MarcoCritti, Yes, it was build on our side. It is not that difficult to do it, I would say you have to have good knowledge of both APIs and python programming.

Antonio Sousa

Hi Antonio - I'm curious why you used Extensions 1.0 and not 2.0 to acquire CISCO ACI data?

@Greg_Speckhart,

Main reason was that I needed python for several things, and it was not available in EF2 at the time.

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts