cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processes list export

Selvam_Sekar
Guide

Hi,

I have to collect the list of processes detected by Dynatrace on the host basis. I am doing manually via selecting individual host --> Processes panel and copy.

There are many managements zone (MZ) and many servers with in each MZ.

Could you help me whether we have export options? or any alternative to collect the process group list on the host basis.

Thanks,

Selvam.

2 REPLIES 2

Kenny_Gillette
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

There isn't an exact way of doing this as there are limits with dashboards/API.  I tried API but that doesn't bring back host name.  Below is how I did it.  See if this helps

Here is one way you can do it but you would still need to break up in smaller chunks

builtin:tech.generic.mem.usage:parents:splitBy("dt.entity.process_group_instance","dt.entity.host"):sort(dimension("dt.entity.host",descending)):limit(100)

Kenny_Gillette_0-1672233741405.png

Dynatrace Certified Professional

abhi
Dynatrace Advisor
Dynatrace Advisor

Hi @Selvam_Sekar ,

You can also use the following API to fetch all the processes running in your environment and filter based on each management zone so that you can fetch the list accordingly.

Link - https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/dynatrace-api/environment-api/topology-and-smartscape/process...

Or as @Kenny_Gillette suggested, you can use the Data Explorer which will help you fetch the list by exporting the option available.

abhi_0-1672272066293.png

Hope this helps. 

Featured Posts