cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purepaths that are still being executed?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have had this need several times, but not sure if it can be tackled at the moment. There are times, especially when things get a little out of control, like in intense Garbage Collection events, where I imagine that a certain request is running, but has not finished. These requests, at least that I know of, won't make into Dynatrace until they have finished. Or is this not the case?

I imagine that Dynatrace knows of these requests, since they have started. Probably will need an RFE to ask for a list of outstanding requests, but before that, has anyone tackled this issue?

Antonio Sousa
3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

From my experience, this is correct. Until the request is finished, you won't see the PurePath. There are some timeouts and you can see the PurePath capture errors if it takes a long time.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Julius_Loman 

Thx for your insight. I have posted a Product Idea for this in the link below.

BTW, if there is an app pool recycle, do you have an idea if these requests are exposed as Purepaths, or might they be lost?

https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Dynatrace-product-ideas/Viewing-Requests-Purepaths-that-are-still...

Antonio Sousa

This typically complicates when you are trying to monitor batch jobs or any long-running jobs.  Best approach I'm aware of is to send a status-type metric for a job, so at least you know it started.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts