cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resource request purepaths

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have an environment where a lot of purepaths are being gathered. Since these are static objects, it doesn't make much sense having a purepath, but I might be missing something.

In this case it is worse because I'm being inflicted by ALR. For what I know, it's not possible to stop gathering Purepaths for static objects. Is this also correct?

Antonio Sousa
4 REPLIES 4

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

You can use adaptive control but that will affect the entire environment. You can reduce the amount of produced traffic by excluding unimportant requests from capture; this is done with web request attributes and URL exclusion rules. This approach leaves more volume available for important requests.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/transactions-and-services/monitoring/ada...

-Chad

URL exclusion rules don't seem like an interesting approach for this issue, as I would have to configure a never ending list of file extensions, as I commented with Radu.

Also, didn't understand how web request attributes might help in this case. Can you elaborate, please?

Antonio Sousa

Radu
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Hi Antonio,

If too noisy you can go to Settings > Server-side service monitoring > Deep monitoring and create a web request rule to exclude these static requests from being monitored and alerted on:

Let me know if this works for you.

Best regards,

Radu

Hi Radu,

Yes, I know about that possibility.

But I would have to make rules for GIF, PNG, JPG, JPEG, CSS, JS, EOT, WOFF, ICO, and probably some dozens more. You get the idea. Doesn't seem like an interesting approach. And, not sure if all these rules wouldn't also impact overhead on servers being monitored?

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts