cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Detection Rules

flewellen
Observer

Hello,

I have setup a Service Detection Rule for Web Service Request and would like to know how I can tell if its working or not in Dynatrace UI?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

FLewellen

10 REPLIES 10

Iplinsky
Advisor

You can check if your Service Detection Rule for Web Service Request is working by going to Settings > Service Detection in the Dynatrace menu. If the requests are fully monitored by Dynatrace, select Full web request rules or Full web service rules. If the requests go to external resources, select External web request rules or External web service rules.

Dynatrace Certified

flewellen
Observer

@Iplinsky 

I created the rules under Service Detection Rule for Web Service Request as an Exteranl Web Request, but after setting the rule and saving it, how do I know that the rule has detected what I setup in the servcice detection rule? Where can I see that it detected or not detected? I need to know thatthe rules work.  thanks. FLewellen

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @flewellen 

You can see all services in the services area that were active within the selected timeframe and match the filter settings.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/transactions-and-services-hub

Babar_Qayyum_0-1687640169915.png

Regards,

Babar

Mohamed_Hamdy
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hello @flewellen ,

I think you've created the rule with some conditions, for instance, the rule added for a certain process group or management zone, so you can go to the services page as @Babar_Qayyum mentioned and filter with the process group or open the process group page and validate the services starting from the time the rule is applied

Certified Dynatrace Professional | Certified Dynatrace Services Delivery - Observability & CloudOps | Dynatrace Partner - yourcompass.ca

flewellen
Observer

@Mohamed_Hamdy and @Babar_Qayyum 

I went to services page as ya'll mentioned and filtered for the group name and/or the actual web service request/service and do not see mine listed.

How can I check wiehter my rules are correclty set? Most are URL or URL Path.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

FLewellen

Hello @flewellen 

Did you try the highlighted filter?

Babar_Qayyum_0-1687844912518.png

Regards,

Babar

@Babar_Qayyum 

I did try the highlighted filter "External services" and still do not see my rules?

Any other suggestions as to why I am not seeing the rules under Services?

I have attached screenshots of one of my Web Request rules.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

FLewellen

Hello @flewellen 

I have a couple of questions here.

• Did you find the same request in the Requests to unmonitored hosts?
  • Did you mention the port number in your created rule?

Regards,

Babar

Hello @Babar_Qayyum 

• Did you find the same request in the Requests to unmonitored hosts? No they are not listed
  • Did you mention the port number in your created rule? Yes

FLewellen

flewellen
Observer

Opened Case with Dynatrace Support:  Ticket Title: (#193537) Customer has an Extenal Web Service that won't split

Thanks all fro assistance.

flewellen

Featured Posts