cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tagging a process group

Hi,

I wanted to create an auto tag that tags only a process group running on AIX systems. Please note that this same process group is available on Linux systems too.

At any time, this tag should not be applied to process group running on Linux systems. Any suggestions to achieve this?

Currently, I'm filtering with host tags but this considers process groups running on both AIX and Linux systems. I don't see an option to negate a host tag.

Regards,

Srikanth Samraj

3 REPLIES 3

Romanenkov_Al3x
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi!

You can do it only for process group instance. 

Unfortunately have no AIX hosts, This is example for Linux 😉

I would try something like that

type(PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE),fromRelationships.isProcessOf(type(HOST),osType("LINUX"))

example rule for linuxexample rule for linux

With environment API V2 -> /entities/{entityId} <- you can get JSON file to get exact values.

Regards,

Alex Romanenkov

DT_NGINX_FORCE_UNKNOWN_VERSION_INSTRUMENTATION=1

Mizső
DynaMight Leader
DynaMight Leader

Hi @SrikanthSamraj

@Romanenkov_Al3x solution is very nice and the most simple one. I was thinking about it also but in my mind there was a less perfect solution. After type(PROCESS_GROUP_INSTANCE) you can use mzId or mzname mzId("123456789","987654321") or mzName("name-1","name-2") if AIX process goups organized in management zone / zones. I have shared it to demonstrate the beauty of Dynatrace. You can have many solutions. 😉

Best regards,

Mizső

Dynatrace Community RockStar 2024, Certified Dynatrace Professional

Thanks for your responses @Romanenkov_Al3x and @Mizső .

If I tend to look for specific process group instance rather than all, in OStype AIX or Linux, how would the "type" statement look like.

Featured Posts