cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update fails as file system is read-only

Gabriella
Visitor

Hello team, I am making updates to the version of the oneagent however some nodes are not updated to the most recent version since it sends me the message that the update fails because the file system is read-only.

Can you help me by telling me in which path of the file system I have to give you write permissions?

And why does this happen?

Greetings!

5 REPLIES 5

tijust1
Advisor

@Gabriella Look at your installation path (/opt/dynatrace/xxxx) it could happen because OneAgent was not installed with root access.

Dynatrace Professional Certified

Gabriella
Visitor

Hello, the agent was installed a long time ago with root permissions it currently has version 1.265.152 I want to update to version 1.283 however when I try it it sends the message filesystem with installation path is read-only.

thank u.

@Gabriella Thats strange, I would say open a support ticket on this, normally it should not happen if OA is installed with Root access until something changed.

Dynatrace Professional Certified

PacoPorro
Dynatrace Champion
Dynatrace Champion

Are you uninstalling/installing or just updating the agent?

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

@Gabriella  check the OneAgents logs or download the OneAgent diagnostic archive to see the detailed message and the filesystem details. Most likely there was change on the host where your OneAgent is running like a corrupted filesystem (when Linux remounts it as read only in certain cases), something else is preventing OneAgent from writing the to the OneAgent directory or it's just a policy your company is running having some filesystems mounted as readonly.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts