cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Declarative process grouping" triggered lot of problems

AK
Pro

Hi Team,

Recently, we faced some weird issue after defining "Declarative process grouping" rule.

When we added the rule, it triggered lot of problems/alerts for that particular process even though the process was actually up.

When I checked for the concern host it showed me two instances of that process. One was alive and other was showing shutdown.

I wanted to understand the reason behind it. Has anybody faced the similar issue in past?

What can be done to avoid such alerts if we need to add "Declarative process grouping" in live environment.

Regards,

AK

2 REPLIES 2

D_Miller
Advisor

Hi,

Could it be that after you enabled the new Declarative process grouping rule Dynatrace effectively created a new Process Group (PG) and Process Group Instances (PGI) for that rule. Whilst the the previous PG and PGI was then showing as stopped as it was now no longer detected (The new rule taking precedence). If you had a Process Availability rule set on the old PG then that would fire as effectively it no longer existed.

@D_Miller, thanks for the response.

Is there a way which could just update old PG and old PGI without creating new PG and new PGI? 

Regards,

AK

Featured Posts