cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date/time of User Action in RUM waterfall?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Before posting this as a Product Idea, just checking here if someone has a way to solve this one. It seemed so easy at first, but I really don't have a way to get it.

If you receive an URL for a user action from an application, you don't get the information of when it happened.

If you don't have a link to a corresponding user session, you will not be able to get that information.

For those of you who have access to demo.live, you can check an example here:

https://guu84124.live.dynatrace.com/#usersearchwaterfall;gf=all;sessionId=1649252342882x164925247644...

Antonio Sousa
4 REPLIES 4

dannemca
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

We already have the date/time info on session page, so Dynatrace could just bring them as "properties" on the top of the waterfall page, it will really helps.Captura de Tela 2022-04-06 às 10.54.25.pngCaptura de Tela 2022-04-06 às 11.00.06.png

Site Reliability Engineer @ Kyndryl

@dannemca,

If you follow from the session, or from applications, you know when it was done. It's majorly a problem if you only get the link...

Antonio Sousa

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Oh my. Looking at the URL I'm seeing a sessionId. Copy & paste it in a session URL, and I get the corresponding session, looked for the time duration, and able to get to it.

Not beautiful, but doable.

Take 2: I can't believe I didn't find this immediately, 🤣 but I can follow the session details in the breadcrumb, and check the session, and then get the corresponding date/time...

Would be useful to have the information readily available in the page though... Probably submitting a Product Idea

Antonio Sousa

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

For all that don't have access to demo.live, the referenced example is visible as the following screenshot:

AntonioSousa_0-1649254401579.png

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts