cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP Mapping addresses to locations

SOBE
Guide

Hello,

I used to upload a CSV file mapping IPs to locations on Dynatrace, but I can't find a way to do that anymore.

there is only the JSON option via API and it's really complicated for someone who does not have coding skills like me to convert an Excel to the exact JSON format that Dynatrace supports.

is there another way to do so?

does anyone have an example or a script that converts Excel files to that specific JSON format required in the API?

PS : I tried the standard conversions online (EXCEL to JSON) but it does not output the same format required by Dynatrace and it's not possible for me to manually adapt it because I have more than 600 locations to MAP)

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I do not see a way to do it without coding skills. You can raise a raise a product idea.

I would recommend export from Excel to CSV. It would be plain text, more portable than Windows Office suite, and maybe, already some tool exists from CSV to JSON.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@SOBE,

Yes, it was there in the past, but replaced by the API. There was even a Product Idea that gathered quite a few Kudo's, but it's not planned:
https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/Product-ideas/Import-geographic-regions-from-CSV-file-option-was-...

Antonio Sousa

SOBE
Guide

@AntonPineiro   @AntonioSousa that's too bad.

i don't understand though why remove a feature that was very helpful and easier and make a more complicated one.

i mean it's like they want to make it complicated LOL

anyways, thanks for the answers, i'll see what i can do

Hi,

Other work arround without coding skills is using some text editor with macros capabilites as Emacs, Vim, Notepad++ where you can record key pressed in your keyboard and execute it.

If you do not use Emacs or Vim, maybe, Notepad++ or other editor with macros support would be useful to translate from CSV to JSON.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Interesting, i'll definetly check that ! 

Thanks for the suggestion !

Featured Posts