cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to turn off Dynatrace SaaS default application detection apart from removing the OneAgent on the host with the running web server?

anthony_percy2
Inactive

Hi all,

We have a Dynatrace SaaS system that is detecting as the default application, a web server on a host that we want to instrument but not to detect the web application. I cant see any way to do this in the settings as there appears to no control over what is automatically detected from an application perspective. Please correct me if I am wrong on this as the only way I can see to do this is to remove the OneAgent from the host that the webserver is running on?

Regards

Anthony

2 REPLIES 2

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Based on your question I guess you have a problem with Oneagent injecting RUM JavaScript for an application you don't want to monitor by RUM. If that is your question, you have at least two options:

- Turn off RUM injection for the process group of the Web Server process. (Edit process group and turn off "Automatically inject real user monitoring JavaScript tag")

- Define a new application and set up rules to match requests to the application. Then turn off "Real User Monitoring" for that application.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Jordan_Cogan
Helper

Hi Anthony,

Another option, depending on what you want to do, is to turn off "My web application". This is the default application created by Dynatrace to capture all RUM data that doesn't fall under any of the rules set for the other applications. To do this, go to "My web application", open the menu for it on the top right, choose "Edit", then uncheck "Real user monitoring". If you go this route, you'll essentially be making it so that only URLs/domains which you explicitly define in the application detection rules will have RUM injected.

Jordan

Featured Posts