cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing URLs and user actions from the application

Peter_youssef30
Visitor

I've Investigated a specific case where the web requests are being shown as calls from unknown hosts, pages and devices, which means the RUM data isn't accurate or doesn't reflect the real application traffic

• Simply some actions aren't detected in the Backtrace 

Could you advise on the below items.

Findings:-

1. Dividing application traffic based on domains isn't sufficient.
  2. Define more complex patterns to group your RUM monitoring traffic into applications.
  3. Current detection rule maps the user actions captured on the domain of the customer application. OneAgent uses the host portion of the URL to determine the domain.

Are the below fixes apply for above mentioned case:-

1. Adding extra application detection rules.
  2. Adding extra host name determinations.
4 REPLIES 4

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Thanks for the comprehensive description - it could be useful.

Have a nice day!

Hi @radek_jasinski 
Will these suggested fixes solve the issue or there are extra recommendations, Thanks.

I might still suggest using the JavaScript API to allows you to create custom user actions, report errors, enable Session Replay, etc.

https://docs.dynatrace.com/docs/platform-modules/digital-experience/web-applications/additional-conf...

In addition, if you have the problem you have described, you can use manual injection of JavaScript into the relevant elements of the application and create rules based on this.

Have a nice day!

Thanks @radek_jasinski for the provided link, it won't fit for the current scenario.
- The case: there are missing User actions and URLs from the Backtrace.
- The application is perfectly working through the automatic injection, no need for the manual injection of JS.
Please let me know if you have other recommendations.

Featured Posts