cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STARLIMS laboratory software - RUM

Christophe_N
Advisor

Hello,

We are experiencing some issue with software STARLIMS which uses specific technology XFD (based on ASP & NET) .

OneAgent is able to see all request within IIS server but for RUM & users sessions, nothing is available as there is no browser sessions (IE opens a specific XFDclient )

I found an old topic about this application but nothing helps : https://community.dynatrace.com/t5/NAM/STARLIMS-Abbot-Informatics-laboratory-software-DCRUM-XFD-deco...

May someone have an idea how to correlate data capted from OneAgent as to represent user experience ? (per Geolocation , per user, etc.)  ?
OneAgent detects IP in purepaths and service response time,etc..  :
So we have some data (failures / response time in IIS) , but nothing is detected in RUM as there is no "browsing", and we miss some useful RUM features (Geolocation breakdown, user breakdown, user sessions, etc.)

Maybe someone already had challenge with this application?

Best regards,

Christophe

7 REPLIES 7

ChadTurner
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

can you inspect your frontend UI page and confirm that the Dynatrace Ruxit Agent is injected? If not then you might not have the frontend server onboarded. 

-Chad

@ChadTurner  I don't think there are many options left - since from the topic above it seems the web UI is just an ActiveX component - thus the application itself is not a web application, just it runs in the browser. Similar to Java Applets. 

Technically you will need to implement measuring into the XFDclient - OpenKit. But I don't think any customer running the app will have the source code. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi Chad,

No inspection possible : there are even no web pages to inspect 🙂
After login, everything is done within the XFDClient.,

There is some Bridge HTML-to-xfd for some actions.

But over 90% of the actions are done within a software client.

If we want to dig into the geolocation repartition:

Transactions are visible from IIS service and we are able to get IP from backtrace.
Is there no way to use the IP to create some metric depending on IP (and per extension on localisation ?)

Christophe_N_0-1632406233476.png

Regards,

Christophe

@Christophe_N  - is there really no HTML? How does the browser load the XFDClient then?

In your screenshot, you have the IP addresses in backtrace. Those are obtained from server-side. Unfortunately, Dynatrace does not provide any GeoIP visualization for server side requests.

Hi Julius,
No, only login page can be sometimes displayed , depending on SSO authentication.

After login, Internet Explorer redirects automatically to the client via the bridge, and no HTML is displayed.

Would it be possible to use the IP captured from server side to build some metrics ? (I understand that GeoIP would not be possible)

Regards,

Christophe

@Christophe_N  - no, unfortunately, server-side IP cannot be used for geolocation.

Can share how the redirect is done? Maybe there is at least partial HTML that is downloaded into the browser containing the client. 

Yes, I will check !
I have see no webpage loaded when screensharing with users, but I will check with fiddler or something else to understand it

At first sight, It seems it's not HTML but specific start.lims file which is loaded by browser and somehow catched by the "bridge" HTML-to-Xfd

Featured Posts