cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Session ending conditions have changed?

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

I have noticed in the documentation that the conditions when a session ends have changed! I'm almost certain that at least this is the case with the conditions below:

• 35 minutes of browser inactivity, when it was 30 minutes before
  • When session duration reaches 8 hours, while it was 6 hours before

I believe this raises several issues/questions. Some come quickly to my mind:

• Why was such an important issue not announced? The only place where there is a reference to these "35 minutes" in the dynatrace.com domain, is the referenced page at the bottom of this post.
  • While this does seem good from the licensing perspective, are there other reasons why this change was made?
  • What are the expected impacts in several calculations that might be impacted (eg. Apdex, Managed storage, etc.)?

I believe there might be other impacts. Even other changes, unannounced?

Reference: https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/how-to-use-dynatrace/real-user-monitoring/basic-concepts/user...

Antonio Sousa
2 REPLIES 2

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Just one important note: the factor that might impact the most from the licensing perspective is the change from 30 to 35 minutes. The change from 6 hours to 8 hours, should not impact much, as billing of the sessions is based on an hourly limit, as stated in the documentation linked below:

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/monitoring-consumption/digital-experience-monitoring-units

Antonio Sousa

Babar_Qayyum
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello @AntonioSousa 

Thank you for sharing this information.

You are absolutely right. Most of the time we do not go back and forth to read about the same already known until there is an announcement. I hope that the responsible persons will look into it to avoid such type of surprises in the future.

Regards,

Babar

Featured Posts