cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up RUM for Web requests services and web services in Dynatrace Managed

1v4n36
Visitor

Hello everyone,

We work on a Dynatrace managed solution. We want to create a new application. 

After investigating further, I have realized that they don't have any frontend. They have several web services and web request services.

I've been told that you can create RUM for web requests services but not for web services. Is this correct?

In terms of application layer, how can I create a new application if there is not any frontend nor any user interaction. 

Any help will be much appreciated. 

Many thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

If your app is only a set of webservices (rest / soap / etc) then you cannot setup RUM for such application. RUM stands for real user monitoring, thus measuring user actions of real users.  

You would set up RUM for a web / mobile / custom application only. So in your case only you have for example a web application using the services you provide, then you can setup RUM for that application. 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hi @Julius_Loman thanks for replying so fast! 

They want to create a new application so when a problem is triggered, operator will know which applications are impacted. I think this is more a complex issue not regarding Dynatrace.

Any ideas, though?

Ivan

It's difficult to advise without knowing your environment. It's best you will monitor the frontend too. 

Since you are not monitoring the frontend, then one of the way would be simply to tag your services with tag representing the application (remember you are not monitoring it). 

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts