cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to activate RUM

Ida
Visitor

Hello Everyone, 

I am trying to set up RUM, as a first step I tried to inject RUM javascript into an html, but I can see in the console that the calls for the same are returning "

FL(BF)|Error=RUM disabled

But RUM is enabled in Dynatrace settings.

Can anyone help with this.

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

There are several possible reasons, one of them, surprisingly, can be missing license for Digital experience (DEM units) in classic licensing, other can be disabled RUM on the process group (it is enabled by default). Please provide more context of your situation. I recommend running the healthcheck as shown here. where you will likely more detail about the reason.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Hello Julius, 

Thank you for the reply.

1. I created an application and picked up the RUM javascript injection script tag and used in an html in localhost for testing. 

2. Upon doing in the health check in dynatrace settings for the application i set up. I can see Screenshot 2023-11-22 at 8.57.21 AM.png

I believe that this means it passed all conditions? Is there something else as well that I can check.

Again, thank you for the support!.

Regards

Julius_Loman
DynaMight Legend
DynaMight Legend

Yes, it looks like all technical conditions passed. You just don't have DEM units in your license thus Real User Monitoring is disabled.

Anyway - for further consideration, you might want to use automatic javascript injection instead of manual one.

Certified Dynatrace Master | Alanata a.s., Slovakia, Dynatrace Master Partner

Featured Posts