cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Action Property - Header Data

serhat_balik
Helper

It seems that the closest thing to Request Attributes in front-end is User Action Properties.

I want to be able to capture pageName, convId from the Form Data that is shown in the picture. However, I couldn't find a way to capture the data inside the request header.

What I've tried is is Meta tag, but that didn't work. Do you have any suggestions?

2 REPLIES 2

JamesKitson
Dynatrace Guru
Dynatrace Guru

You can actually combine these. You can define user action properties that use a request attribute as their data source. So you define it as a request attribute then use that in a user action property configuration. This does require full stack monitoring so will not work in agentless RUM.

I don't believe this will help in your specific case though since the only 'payloads' we can really pull will be post parameters x-www-form-urlencoded with webservers which I don't believe is what is in your screenshot. Might be worth a shot in case I am mistaken though.

pahofmann
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

You can use a Server Side Request Attribute to get the data you want from the backend.

Form data from a HTTP POST is actually one of the only parts where dynatrace captures data from payload.

Create a Request Attribute like this (You can Filter for Process Group / Tags):

Then add that Request Attribute in the User Action Property.

You can do the same with a separate request attribute and user action property for the other values you want.

Dynatrace Certified Master, AppMon Certified Master - Dynatrace Partner - 360Performance.net

Featured Posts