cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User tag issue with server-side attribute

Vakho
Helper

Hello, 
 we've put the user tag into the HTTP requests and the Client app will provide information for all requests to the API endpoints once the user has logged in.  I've created the rule to catch from client-side HTTP request value with x-user.
For 90% of all users it can identify and fetch the usernames but sometimes I'm getting Anonimus users as well, what might be the issue? 
We use JWT for authentication and follow up the username as text in the HTTP header. 

Also, some of the user names are shown with symbols but they are not using any symbols as it's restricted in the app. 
The example of the symbolic username is this: �ve C�t�

3 REPLIES 3

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hello, from my experience, if users use browsers with private mode, it can't be captured and these requests come out as anonymous.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Hello DanielS, 
Does private mode in the browser limit HTTP requests as well? If the username is followed into the HTTP requests from the client side, should it anyway be included, or private mode limits it somehow? 
So, the solution would be to go with the server-side just to be sure? or did you use any other solution to fix it? 

Thanks

DanielS
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi@Vakho not exactly the requests but could also rip part of the data because cookies and site data not stored. What I am trying to say is to generate a test case for this and see if this is the cause. Use same browser and same user and see if it happens because of private.

The true delight is in the finding out rather than in the knowing.

Featured Posts