Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Career advice on Dynatrace

Afrezal_Karim
Contributor

Hi Guys.

Hope you guys are doing well. 

I'm currently working as Identity Access Management (IAM) Security Engineer role. In my current role, i have been exposed to Dynatrace and currently have deployed, design, Dynatrace monitoring to my environment, Managed to help my team/dept. to monitor all kinds of IAM system. 

I'm still new to this, but I'm growing fond of Dynatrace day by day and really enjoy to explore more on the monitoring role. 

My question is,

1 ) Is there any Dynatrace admin role out there that solely working and supporting this as a career doing it full time          supporting Dynatrace tools?

2) Is it a bad move to move out of my current role focusing on Security at the moment?.  

3) Will i be totally deviated from my security role if i choose to focus/move to this as my career path?. 

4) Will i still be able explore on the Security aspect of it?

i can see few roles that require Dynatrace admin in my area. What worries me is switching my career path to something i like.. but again worried i may not be able do some security stuff in the future. 

Appreciate if you guys can share your experience and advise on this. 

Thanks for helping out. 

Regards, 
Afrezal

3 REPLIES 3

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

This is your own personal decision and subjective, anybody can help you.

But my two cents would be explore your area and oportunities and focus in what you like.

And yes, too many full time Dynatrace projects are out there. I see more and more 100% remote.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

gbaudart
DynaMight Champion
DynaMight Champion

Hi @Afrezal_Karim,
I only work on 100% Dynatrace projects. And the demand is there, if that makes you feel better 🙂
What is your location?

Observability Consultant - Dynatrace Associate Certified

AntonioSousa
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

@Afrezal_Karim 

I have been working in both spaces professionally since some 30 years now.
I would say that Security & Observability blend very well together. You will see even more converging in the future...

Antonio Sousa

Featured Posts