cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authenticate Synthetic with AD user

Vakho
Helper

Hello, 
 Is there any way to use synthetic with a pre-authentication method for Active Directory with username/password and Domain? 
My scenario is next: 
All the applications are accessible with Active Directory user/pass within an internal network.  So I want to install Environmental ActiveGate on the machine which will have access to the AD and will create a username and password to access the domain. Thus, will it work for synthetic monitoring to access the web with an already pre-authorized user/pass to access the application? 
Is there any guide for this scenario? 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

islam_zidan
Champion

Hello,

You can record the scenario with the user configured on the machine and it will be stored in credential vault. also please check the below authentication document for synthetic monitors.

https://www.dynatrace.com/support/help/shortlink/synthetic-authentication

Thanks,

Islam

Dynatrace Certified Professional - Dynatrace Partner - Yourcompass.ca

Hello islam_zidan, 
 From the document I see that you can use the authentication method via WebForm which doesn't work for me and HTTP monitoring with auth which is also not the exact scenario which I'm looking for. 
But, if I understand you right, I can create a virtual machine (Windows) with access to Active Directory and install on it Active Gate for Synthetic and it will access the applications, right? 

Thanks

@Vakho,

Check out the NTLM part in the link @islam_zidan  provided.

Antonio Sousa

Yes correct. you can configure a windows machine as a private location and run the scenario from it.

Dynatrace Certified Professional - Dynatrace Partner - Yourcompass.ca

Awesome, thank you @islam_zidan  

Featured Posts