cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automate adding new REST API calls from SwaggerUI/OpenAPI

Benedikt
Participant

Hello, 

is there a way to check Rest APIs in Dynatrace? 

We are using SwaggerUI/OpenAPI where we can manually call the Rest APIs and check the HTTP-Code as well as the data that is delivered when calling it. Is there a way to automate these calls, possibly by executing the Rest API calls from SwaggerUI/OpenAPI? 

Is there also an automated way of adding new Rest API calls, when adding them to OpenAPI.json?

Thank you in advance and a great new start for the new year, 

Benedikt

7 REPLIES 7

radek_jasinski
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @Benedikt 

In the sense would you like to automate this at Swagger level?
There, this is not possible. Personally, I only use swagger to check something and then use Postman, for example.

Have a nice day!

Hello @radek_jasinski,

well in best case I would like to automate these calls at Swagger Level. But if that is not possible, is it possible to automate these calls in Dynatrace? Maybe there is an option to use the openApi.json to automate the calls of my Rest APIs. 

My situation is the following: we have about ten Rest APIs which are not monitored yet. We would like to call these ten and check if the HTTP-Code is 200 and if the data is somehow correct. 

Currently we can check them with the Swagger UI but only manually. 

Hi,

You can create HTTP synthetic monitors to monitoring APIs and responde codes.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi, 

thank you. I know that, but is there a way to automate it by using the OpenApi.json? In order to easily add Rest API calls in case we will add some in the future.

Hi,

If you want to automate some Synthetics scripts creation I would say Workflows or Monaco.

But I am not sure if I understand your requirements.

Best regards

Hi, 

okay thank you. 

I will try to clarify my requirements: 

We have about 10 Rest APIs which we do not check systematically yet. We would like to check them automatically, every 15 minutes. Then check whether the HTTP-Code is ok and if the results are somehow correct, e.g. if the list contains at least 50 elements. 

Currently we can only check them manually, using Swagger UI. For our APIs we have a OpenAPI.json, where all the restApis, URLs etc. are combined. 

I would like to know, what the best way would be to check these calls. Also having in mind, that it should be easy to add further Rest API calls in the future without too much effort. 

Hi,

Looks like a use case for Dynatrace Synthetics (HTTP monitors).

Best regards

Featured Posts