cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynatrace synthetic monitor not to capture screenshots

jiri_stefanek
Contributor

Hi ,

One of our customers asking- if is possible to define Dynatrace synthetic monitor not to capture screenshots, either at all or for certain pages?

So I haven't found any way to do that. Customer is on the Dynatrace managed.

Do you have any idea if this can be done?

Thanks for tips

4 REPLIES 4

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I am not sure if that is possible but, are you using private locations or public locations to run those Synthetic test?

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hi Anton,
Thanks for the quick response. We use private location for these synthetic checks.

For the new monitor we plan to add to Dynatrace need to set up synthetic monitoring with not to capture screenshots due to confidence data.

Hi,

You have more details in these links:

As workarround maybe you can force ActiveGate to avoid save screenshots but this would be for all scripts running there, not only one script or step.

I hope that someone can provide a better solution. If not, you can raise a product idea about it.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Anton is correct, the only way currently to not have screenshots for a monitor is to use a private location and prevent screenshots from being stored. This affects all monitors run on the ActiveGate that you disable access to s3 though. 

There are several Product Ideas in this area already that you may be interested in voting for and adding your business use case to:
Ability to turn off screenshot on a synthetic step

Mask Data from forms on Browser Synthetic Screenshots

RFE - UI setting to control whether synthetic screenshots are captured

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Featured Posts