cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP monitor does not execute the remaining requests after first fail

mrug_sam
Visitor

Hi,

My HTTP monitor has 4 requests to different servers. If the first request fails, the monitor does not execute the remaining requests 2,3, and 4 and shows a global outage problem. How can I fix this so that all 4 requests get executed even if one fails? Also, how do I generate a problem for this specific failed request under problems? 

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

Yosi_Neuman
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi @mrug_sam 

Just a question, what is the reason not to split this check into 4 individual checks, one for each server?

Yos 

dynatrace certificated professional - dynatrace master partner - Matrix Soft Ware Division - Israel

So the first 2 servers it checks are the active tomcats and the next 2 servers its checking are disaster recovery servers. But when these requests are under same Http monitor it does not check and notify problem as to which one failed. Is there a solution to this? or do I need to separate the requests under 4 different monitors?

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

Best practice here would be to have 4 separate monitors, 1 for each of your separate endpoints. 

If you want to have all 4 in a single monitor, you can disable the status code verification, check for status code in the post-execution script and save any failure details in a variable. You can then check the variable in the post-execution step of the last request and decide whether or not to fail the monitor. This would allow the monitor to continue to test the other requests in the event that there was a status code that you considered a failure, however, if the request failed with any type of network error then then the monitor would still fail on the request that saw that error. 

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Featured Posts