cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to monitor xhr requests timing for events in synthetic monitor

parkash
Frequent Guest

Hello Everyone, 

Can someone please let me know if this is possible to setup alerting or to create metric to monitor the xhr requests which is taking lot of time to complete the request. For example, in the screenshot:

parkash_0-1713355052580.png

I was trying to create a metric of this xhr request which is taking more than 60 seconds so that I can see that information on data explorer or in dashboard, but I have found that load time is not supported as a metric and also, I tried the request option, but their filter option is not working. 

Regards,

Parkash

3 REPLIES 3

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

No, I'm not aware of a way to do this. Can you use the performance thresholds to alert on a specific event taking longer than expected instead or are there other resources that take longer on the event you are interested in that would also trigger it?

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Hi @HannahM ,

I can understand that performance threshold can be used for the specific events in case of performance issues, but as you know that an event consists of multiple actions such as load, xhr or custom action and in my case only one xhr (sso) request sometime takes longer time to complete the request and for this I don't have visibility on dashboard or I also not able to create a metric for this. That is why I want to know the feasibility of the solution. If you could suggest any solution or alternative that would be great. 

Regards, 

parkash

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

No, AFAIK there are not options to alert on a just 1 XHR Action for an event. Do the loads and other actions take longer than the XHR? Otherwise, could you use total duration as that is a summation rather than an average?

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Featured Posts