cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrated Authentication - getting 401 and 200

DStockland
Frequent Guest

Hello,

We have several web applications we want to set synthetics on that require authentication.  A generic AD account was created, which we have granted access to these web apps, that I have set up within my vault.  I have verified this account has access by browsing the web app while logged into Edge as the AD account.

After creating a synthetic (that has multiple HTTP requests configured to hit our various servers hosting the apps), and choosing my credentials with NTLM authentication, I have noticed that the synthetic throws 401s and 200s.  It is not consistent and I see no pattern.

It's my understanding two 401s should be thrown during the handshake, then receive a 200.  What I'm confused by is Dynatrace sometimes shows a 401 vs. a 200.  I've also noticed the 401s only show for the first HTTP request configured, and not the proceeding ones.

I hope I've conveyed this correctly, I'm still very new to this. 🙂  Please see attached screenshot.  Happy to answer questions to clarify anything.

2023-04-25_14-01-24.png

3 REPLIES 3

AntonPineiro
DynaMight Guru
DynaMight Guru

Hi,

I think you have not attached screenshot.

Best regards

❤️ Emacs ❤️ Vim ❤️ Bash ❤️ Perl

Hello,

I have edited and re-uploaded the screenshot.

HannahM
Dynatrace Leader
Dynatrace Leader

This would be better investigated by chat or support as checking the logs and settings would be helpful

Synthetic SME and community advocate.

Featured Posts